Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2026

Review: The Ending Writes Itself

The Ending Writes Itself The Ending Writes Itself by Evelyn Clarke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Ending Writes Itself by Evelyn Clarke is perfect for lovers of Clue and/or stuck-on-an-island mysteries.  In this case, writers from a variety of genres are invited to the private island of a famous mystery/thriller author for a writer's retreat.  This could be the break they are looking for!  It is a mystery, so it is not a spoiler to say that someone dies.  Can they figure out whodunnit?  

I found this delightful even with the murder.  I enjoyed leaning into the tropes and stereotypes of literary genres.  Of course the romance writer would wear shades of red and pink!  There are plenty of clever surprises.  I hope we see more from Evelyn Clarke.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment