Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2026

Review: True Crime: A Memoir

True Crime: A Memoir True Crime: A Memoir by Patricia Cornwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Postmortem when nobody else was.  My mom bought them in hardback and kept them.  Whenever I came home to visit, I would devour the stack of the latest ones.  It was a love we shared.  It is no shock that I would want to read True Crime: A Memoir by Patricia Cornwell to understand the person behind those books.  To be fair, I have also read the Captain Chase and Jack the Ripper series.  Scarpetta is still my favorite.  

True Crime: A Memoir taught me that while I knew a little bit about Patricia Cornwell, I really had no idea about her and her influences.  I am not surprised that she is multi-faceted.  It is the facets themselves that are intriguing.  I would never have guessed she was so close to Ruth Graham.  Maybe if I had read Ruth's biography I would?  I would not have guessed that writing didn't come naturally or how her writing style is an extension of that discomfort.  It is how we get Scarpetta, and I am quite thankful for that.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment